After a fresh installation of ODI 12c, some default settings should be modified to avoid a slowdown / unresponsive issue with the IU of the client.
For instance, it’s quite easy to get the following error message while working with Load Plans:
It’s possible to tweak the memory settings by changing some details on the client configuration files. There are two different files to be modified:
File location: <ORACLE_HOME>\Middleware\Oracle_Home\odi\studio\bin
- Create a backup of the “odi.conf” file.
- Open the “odi.conf” file and add (or change) “AddVMOption -XX:MaxPermSize=1024M” and save it. It depends on your system but 1024M works fine for me.
File location: C:\Users\<Your Username>\AppData\Roaming\odi\<ODI Version Number>
- Create a backup of the “product.conf” file.
- Open the “product.conf” file, add the following two lines to the file, underneath the Java Home specification and save it:
- AddVMOption -Xms128m
- AddVMOption -Xmx<YourNumber>m (I used 10240)